CANTO A TERESA, by Jose de Espronceda - 1939
Canto A Teresa
by Jose Martin de Espronceda
en la coleccion "el ciervo herido" La Habana, 1939.
Paperback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD- DJ.
- Volume displays mild overall wear and age-toning.
- Covers feature text in green and black on front, and exhibit moderate overall toning and edge bumping.
- Spine is sunned, with bumped ends.
- Binding is secure, and cocked forward.
- Feps display slight foxing.
- Interior exhibits light age-toning, with scarce, light foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are deckled, and show moderate expected age-toning.
- DJ is onion skin, and displays moderate edgewear with some chips and small tears, including along spine, which is sunned.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
54 pages. 3.75 x 5.5 inches.
A beautiful collection of the poetry of one of the greatest figures of Spanish 19th century literary Romanticism. In these verses of stunning majesty and passion, Teresa is the confident, the beloved to whom everything is said, from feelings of the deepest sadness to the most heroic and spectacular bursts of courage, which altogether create a masterpiece of Spanish Romantic poetry. De Espronceda talks of war, love, passion, life and death, with a drama and beauty that anchors him well in the literary current of his time, making him one of the most outstanding poets of his generation and nationality.
Text in Spanish. Includes an introduction identifying Teresa to "el ciervo herido", the wounded deer.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.