C.S. LEWIS RELIGIOUS CLASSICS: 5 Volume Set, Easton Press - 2002$850.00
C.S. Lewis Religious Classics
Surprised By Joy
The Screwtape Letters
A Grief Observed
The Great Divorce
A handsome set of philosophical fiction works by the celebrated twentieth century British novelist. Published by the Easton Press, these five volumes feature some of the most renowned writings of C.S. Lewis. Deeply concerned with philosophy and religion, the author communicated his highly personal views to his readers by means of entertaining yet profound novels, the aim of which is more philosophical than anything else. The fictional characters and situations offer a reflexion on real life which proves just as efficient and successful as non-fictional essays would, and the entertainment and discovery are certainly worth it, from the amusing irony of The Screwtape Letters or The Great Divorce to the comforting tone of A Grief Observed, in which those afflicted by loss will find an endless source of encouragement.227 + 230 + 209 + 76 + 146 pages. 5.75 x 8.75 inches.
Five books bound in genuine leather. One of the original set of six is missing: The Four Loves. Preface or foreword included in each volume.
Published by: Easton Press, Norwalk, CO, 2002.
Hardbacks are overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- Volumes display minimal wear to covers and interior.
- Genuine leather covers are brown, and feature gilt filigree on front and back.
- Spines feature text and lines in gilt, and three raised bands.
- Binding feels unread in all volumes.
- Handsome edition features silk moire endpapers. (See photos)
- All volumes have publisher's ribbon bookmark. (See photos)
- All volumes have been taken out of brittle shrink wrap.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges have all edges gilt, showing minimal occasional scuffing. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore