BROWN JACKETS, by Jane Screven Heyward - 1923 [1st Ed]
by Jane Screven Heyward
Very scarce FIRST EDITION with dustjacket. A Fascinating story of descendents of slaves who occupied the Carolina Low Country. Throughout the volume are examples of the vernacular so often attributed to the black residents of the Old South. Includes frontis photograph of the author. 64 pages. 5.25" by 8".
Published by The State Company. Columbia, SC. 1923.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with a GOOD DJ.
- Brown paper covers are clean and free of any signs of age or wear.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has firm ends.
- Binding is firm.
- Frontispiece is clean and fully intact.
- Interior is gently age-toned though free of any signs of wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ is darkened and shows more prominent staining and tears to the edges.
- Text block edges are darkened.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore