BROCHARD: A CONVERSATIONAL JOURNEY, by John Langdon - 1978 [Signed Plates]
Brochard: A Conversational Journey
by John Langdon
with Introduction and Poetry by Yves Rousseau
Three B&W prints are signed and numbered 12/1250. Signed inscription with colophon.
Published by: John V. Sands & Associates, Grand Cayman Island, Caribbean, 1978.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with GOOD- DJ and GOOD- slipcase.
- Volume is overall well-preserved showing minimal aging and wear.
- Off-white linen covers feature black line illustrations on front and back.
- Boards display some foxing along shoulder on front, and scattered prominent foxing on back, as well as minimal smudging to corners. (See photos)
- Spine features black text and illustration, with foxing.
- Binding is secure.
- Signed prints are tipped-in, as are a few full-color illustrations. All illustrations are vibrant and well-preserved.
- Blue publisher's ribbon bookmark is intact, with some evidence of aging. (See photos)
- Interior exhibits minimal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Gutter stains visible pages 18-23, are small, and continue roughly 3" from foot.
- DJ displays considerable edgewear with chips, creases and tears, as well as rubbing and creasing along spine. (See photos)
- Slipcase shows pronounced edgewear, with rubbing, cracking and chipping.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
210 pages. 13.5 x 13.5 inches.
Brochard's exceptional collection of artworks creates a highly original and unusual travel diary, featuring full-color or back and white images of all the places he discovers, from maritime regions to the high mountains, depicting as he goes the people, fauna, and plant landscapes that he encounters. The book contains with the artworks a text as well as poetry, and letters that evoke the history and context of each artwork.
Signed and inscribed by artist. Includes three signed and numbered plates. Title essay is in English. Captions, poetry and other text in French. Some illustration text in Japanese.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore