BOYD'S PHILADELPHIA BLUE BOOK, Elite Directory - 1908$150.00
Boyd's Philadelphia Blue Book, Elite Directory
Fashionable Private Address Directory, the Ladies' Visiting and Shopping Guide and Philadelphia Club List.
In Eight Parts, Containing the Names of 25,000 Prominent Householders, arranged Alphabetically and Classified by Streets. To which is added 10,000 Names and Post-Office Addresses of the "Elite" of over 100 Towns within a radius of Twenty-five Miles, and the Names of Officers and Members of the Principal Clubs of Philadelphia and Atlantic City, NJ.
Before there were Yellow Pages there were directories such as Boyd's. Lists names of homeowners/households by street and again by alphabet. Also includes some businesses and many vintage & period print advertising. These directories are often help with genealogy research. 1042 pages. 5.5 x 7 inches.
Philadelphia, PA: C.E. Howe Company, 1908.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Bright blue boards have beveled boards, and a generous helping of bright gilt on covers and spine.
- Covers have some light staining and soil on front and back.
- Perimeters exhibit minimal wear.
- Rounded spine has bumped ends with light scuffing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pastedowns are business advertisements.
- Text block has bright gilt edges.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.