BODENPLATTE: THE LUFTWAFFE'S LAST HOPE, by John Manrho; Ron Putz - 2004$75.00
Bodenplatte: The Luftwaffe's Last Hope
The Attack on Allied Airfields New Year's Day 1945
by John Manrho & Ron Putz
In the early morning of New Year's Day 1945, as the last great German offensive in the Ardennes slowly smoldered to an end and the Allies prepared for a final year of war in north-west Europe, against all odds, the Luftwaffe -- assumed to be starved of fuel and fighting spirit -- launched a massive, surprise, low-level strike targeted at Allied tactical airfields through France, Belgium and Holland. Following years of meticulous research this is a definitive study and invaluable reference source to the student of air warfare.
Features an appendix with extensive records of German losses, a strength report, a list of material and personnel losses and Allied losses plus more. 304 pages. 8.5" by 12".
First Edition published by Hikoki Publications. England, UK. 2004.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with a VERY GOOD++ DJ.
- ISBN: 1902109406
- Black cloth covers are free of major signs of age or wear with the exception of a fine indentation to the front upper edge.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine features bold gilt lettering and remains square and firm.
- Binding is firm.
- Interior is free of signs of age or wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ has exhibits scuffing to the rear, light wear to edges and corners and a defined crease to the rear return.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore