BIOGRAPHICAL MEMOIRS OF LORD VISCOUNT NELSON, by John Charnock - 1806$145.00
Biographical Memoirs of Lord Viscount Nelson, with Observations Critical and Explanatory
by John Charnock
One of the most famous officer in British history, Lord Nelson was noted for his inspirational leadership, superb grasp of strategy, and unconventional tactics which resulted in many victories under his command, most notably during the Napoleonic Wars. In this book, which puts together an impressive amount of historical documents, letters, and all the key events in the Admiral Nelson's life, the reader will find an amazingly detailed treasure trove of information on the character of Nelson as a brilliant military strategist, a respected nobleman, and a good person. The biographical anecdotes are carefully put together as the author goes through a chronology of Nelson's life, covering all the most important moments of his eventful career. A beautiful antiquarian edition of the memoirs of one of the greatest military figures British history. 350 pages. 5.25 x 8.75 inches.
Second American Edition. Illustrated frontis. With a preface.
Published by: Etheridge & Bliss, Boston, MA, 1806.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall very good condition showing mild rubbing to covers and moderate expected toning with scattered foxing and occasional staining inside.
- Brown leather covers display moderate edgewear from rubbing with partially exposed boards, and have dentelle along edges.
- Corners are bumped and rubbed.
- Spine features text and lines in faded gilt with titleblock.
- Binding is secure. Possibly professionally secured/glued many years ago.
- Frontispiece is surrounded with foxing and shows a stain, is strongly toned, and is coming loose at gutter. (See photos)
- Pastedowns are toned and worn with feps showing pronounced edgewear.
- Front fep has ink signature from previous owner. (See photos)
- Interior is moderately toned with scattered foxing throughout, as well as occasional staining.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Some pages display more pronounced staining, smudges, and edgewear from creases and closed tears. Pages 347 to 350 are mostly detached at end of book. (See photos)
- Text block edges exhibit expected toning with occasional staining and darkening.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore