BILLY BALDWIN DECORATES, Baldwin - 1972 [1st Ed]
Gently used book with slight fading to covers and foxing on lower edges, and well-preserved interior with light foxing to edges of textblock. DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper and shows some edgewear. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! Please see photos and detailed description for additional information. AS IS.
Billy Baldwin Decorates
by Billy Baldwin
Written by one of the most amazing aces of interior design in America, this invaluable reference guide is a comprehensive, personal advisor for any decorator, professional or layman, wishing to improve the look of an interior whatever the financial latitude that they have. Discussing in an open, easy-to-understand manner with the reader, the noted decorator fills his practical advise with examples, given with lavish, full-color photographs of sumptuous interiors, as well as accounts of his own experimentations and experiences. Baldwin here delivers a practical guide for anyone, and shows that great wealth is not necessary to create a beautiful interior, and that as ever, good taste and an artistic mind are always the first guarantee to success in design. 219 pages. 9 x 11.5 inches.
STATED FIRST EDITION. Lavishly illustrated with 108 pages of illustrations, 72 of which are in full-color. Includes an introduction by Cleveland Amory.
Published by: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, New York, Chicago and San Francisco, 1972.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 0030010217
- Volume is in overall very good condition showing minor wear to covers and interior.
- Gray cloth covers exhibit light fading as well as a little foxing along edges. (See photos)
- Corners are minimally rubbed, with lower back corner showing a bump.
- Spine features white text, and shows light toning to ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns feature handsome light brown and white decoration, with foxing from covers showing lightly on corners and returns.
- Interior is well-preserved, with faint toning near edges.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display some scattered foxing to lower corner, that is consistent with foxing on edges of covers.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ displays some edgewear from creasing to lower edges, with two horizontal creases, 3" on front and 2.5" on back along edge, as well as chipping to head of spine and corners, and small vertical closed tears along upper edges. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore