BICYCLE REPAIRING, by S.D.V Burr - 1896
Bicycle Repairing: A Manual Compiled from Articles in the Iron Age
by S.D.V. Burr
Very scarce publication in this condition. Covers all aspects of bicycle repair beginning with the equipment of the shop to brazing, truing, working different parts of the frame, the wheels, tires, valves, handlebars, the finishing of the frame and more. All accompanied by wonderfully detailed B&W illustrations, diagrams and charts. 166 pages with index plus two pages of index. 6" by 9".
Published by David Williams. New York. 1896.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- As stated, this edition is in excellent condition with few faults, limited primarily to the exterior.
- Red cloth boards feature gilt design with trim detail.
- The front shows a small black marks and stain to perimeter with the rear showing small indentations, scuffing, wrinkling and fading to the cloth.
- The hinges have been profressionally repaired, effectively restoring smooth movement and optimal integrity.
- The spine head and tail are gently pushed with light wrinkling to areas and a small black mark to the lower portion.
- Pastedowns and endpapers feature decorated paper.
- The textblock is securely bound and intact with cracked gutters to pages 72/73 and 88/89.
- The interior has been preserved to a high degree with bold print and detailed illustrations on clean leafs.
- Ffep shows partially erased writing in pencil.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.