BIBLIOTHEQUE DE L'ARTISAN PRATIQUE, by P. Lugrin - c.1928
Bibliotheque de l'Artisan Pratique - L'Art de: Repousser les Metaux ~ Modeler le Cuir ~ Sculpter la Corne ~ Pyrograver le Bois ~ et Sculpture Kerbschnitt
by le Professeur P. Lugrin
Paris & Lyon, France: J. Nicolas Aine, circa 1928.
Softcover is overall in GOOD condition.
- Volume displays moderate overall wear to covers and interior.
- Heavy stock red covers are between hardcover and softcover, semi-flexible, and feature gilt text on front.
- Covers are mildly faded and exhibit some faint scattered black/gray stains, as well as edgewear with rubbing and bumped corners.
- Shoulders are cracked, and exhibit rubbing as well as some chipping all along. (See photos)
- Spine is rough, with fading and rubbing, and chipped ends as well as some horizontal tears.
- Binding is fragile, with occasional gaps to gutter, as well as notable cracking to gutter at title page. (See photos)
- Endpapers are vivid red.
- Interior is well-preserved, with minor toning and scarce occasional foxing, slightly more to title pages. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display some toning and dust, more to head. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
80 pgs (1st book) + 92 pgs (2nd book) + 54 pgs (3rd book) + 80 pgs (4th book) + 54 pgs (5th book). 6.5 x 9.75 inches.
Five booklets bound in one, about the arts of metal sculpture, wood engraving, and more. This edition compiles several of Professor Lugrin's works, creating a detailed and comprehensive guide to working with metals, leather, wood, and stone. It also includes a volume about Kerbschnitt sculpture. Lugrin's erudite guide includes a description of the materials, of the tools to be used, and of the technique for each of these arts.
Five booklets bound in one. Text in French. Illustrated in B&W with line drawings and photographs.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.