BIBLIOMANIA, or BOOK-MADNESS, by Thomas Frognall Dibdin - 1903 [Ltd Ed, Vs 3 & 4]
The Bibliomania, or Book-Madness: History, Symptoms and Cure of the Fatal Disease (Vols 3 & 4 only)
by Thomas Frognall Dibdin
”To know what books are valuable and what are worthless; their intrinsic and extrinsic merits; their rarity, beauty, and particularities of various kinds; and the estimation in which they are consequently held by knowing men—these things add a zest to the gratification we feel in even looking at and handling certain volumes...” -Bibliomania
Thomas Frognall Dibdin (1776-1847) published a number of bibliographies, of which this is the best known. These include two states of the WH Bicknell etchings made after Howard Pyle's paintings, with captioned tissue, facing colorful title pages. Vol. 3 has 305 pp., vol. 4 has 203 pp. 7 X 9.5 inches.
First Edition, First printing of this Limited Edition of 483 copies printed for society members. Published by: The Bibliophile Society, Boston, MA. 1903.
Hardbacks are overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Both volumes are bound in an imitation vellum, with light to moderate edgewear.
- Edges and corners are rubbed to varying degrees.
- Sunned spines have gilt letters and design, and worn ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Most pages are uncut/unopened at head edge.
- Deckled fore and foot edges of text block exhibit a little wear and age.
- Faint scent released upon thumbing.
- Interior is free of intentional marks.
- Very scarce foxing or edgewear to pages.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore