BEN NICHOLSON DRAWINGS PAINTINGS AND RELIEFS, by John russell - 1969$225.00
Ben Nicholson: Drawings Paintings and Reliefs 1911 - 1968
introduction by John Russell
London, England: Thames and Hudson, 1969
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- IBN: 50009053X
- Illustrated DJ features a photograph by Felicitas Vogler. The back cover features an art work entitled "1963."
- Quarter leather bound, Half leather bound, Three-quarter leather bound
- Boards are in overall great condition.
- Back board has brown staining on the edge. (See Photos).
- Inside of back board has tape marks. (See Photos).
- Corners are sharp but for a bumped front head corner.
- Spine has gilt text against a brownish/white background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Some illustrations of art work are tipped in.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ has some very minimal edgewear and shelfwear with chipped corners. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
324 pages. 11.75 x 13.25 inches.
This is the first major monograph for over ten years on the work of an artist whom many consider the greatest English painter of the century. The book has been supervised by Nicholson himself, the choice and arrangement of the illustrations are his. John Russell Contributes an introduction both to the artists life and to his work. The book contains 220 black and white plates and 78 color plates.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore