BEHOLD, THE LONGRIFLE, by Roy F. Chandler; James B. Whisker - 1993 [Ltd Ed/2000]
Behold, The Longrifle
by Roy F. Chandler; James B. Whisker
The magnificent collection of long rifles photographed by Dr James B. Whisker is presented here as never before in a beautiful limited edition, lavishly illustrated and accurately captioned. This photographic record includes an explanatory sketch, and shows in detailed close-ups and splendid images all the artistry of gun making. Seen here as in a museum, the various types of rifles are presented for the delight of the eye, which wanders on their intricate patterns and the fineness of their making and designs, and traced back to their origin and the time of their creation. A superb reference guide. 241 pages. 11.25 x 8.75 inches.
Limited Edition. One of Two Thousand Copies. Lavishly illustrated with black & white photographs of the collection.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: James B. Whisker, Bedford, PA, 1993.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with NEAR FINE DJ.
- Volume is in near fine condition with minimal wear to covers, interior and DJ.
- Black covers feature text in gilt on front, and display minimal edgewear from rubbing and bumping.
- Spine features text in gilt.
- Binding is secure.
- Textblock edges are a little dusty along head.
- DJ is in nice condition displaying minor edgewear from slight bumping and some indentations to fore edges.
- DJ displays slight creasing to front returns. (See photos)
- DJ has a 2" faded vertical band on back.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore