BAMBARA SCULPTURE FROM THE WESTERN SUDAN, by Robert Goldwater - 1960
Bambara Sculpture from the Western Sudan
by Robert Goldwater
112 b/w illustrations highlight this volume which was published to accompany The Museum of Primitive Art's exhibition of Bambara art, the first comprehensive showing ever organized. Illustrations include a map of the Bambara area, scene of dwellings and individuals, headpieces, masks, ancestral figures, door locks, staffs, marionettes, fertility figures and more. 64 pages. 8.75" by 11.25".
Published by University Press. New York, NY. 1960.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Blue boards show minor edgewear and light scuffing to the front with additional scuffing to the rear where there is a prominent black spot.
- Finish from the corners is worn.
- Spine has black inked lettering and wear along the shoulders.
- Binding is firm.
- Illustrations are clean.
- Pages 56/57 and 48/49 show residue from paste along the gutters; page 48 shows a faint black stain.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore