AUGUST SANDER: CITIZENS OF THE 20th CENTURY - Portrait Photos, by Gunther Sander - 1997$90.00
August Sander: Citizens of the Twentieth Century; Portrait Photographs 1892 - 1952
by Gunther Sander
Cambridge, Massachusetts: The Mit Press, 1997
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a VERY GOOD++ DJ.
- ISBN: 0262192489
- DJ cover features a black and white photograph from the 1892 - 1952 collection of August Sander.
- Black boards are in over all very good condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has silver text against a black background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations/photographs are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ looks great and is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals light shelfwear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
431 pages. 9.5 x 12 inches.
A landmark in the history of photography, Citizens of the Twentieth Century completes August Sander's most important and sustained photography enterprise, an "archive" of twentieth-century man. These emphatically objective photographs from the years of the Kaisers, the Weimar Republic and the Nazi regime. There are 431 photographs that are presented in 45 portfolios which are organized in seven groups entitled Farmers, Workers, Women, Occupation, Artists, The Big City and The Last People.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore