ATLAS OF LONG ISLAND - 1873
Atlas of Long Island
with engravings by L.E. Neuman
A beautiful, rare, large-sized atlas of the region of Long Island, that includes tables of contents with town plans and city and village plans, as well as tables of distances for public roads and air lines. All maps accurately show the details of the roads and their names, the landscape for more natural areas, and are backed with business notices and other useful information on each area detailed by the maps. With many complementary fold-outs and hand-colored maps, this is not only a valuable, lavishly illustrated atlas, but also a precious piece of history. 192 pages. 13 x 16 inches.
Many maps and fold-outs, some of which are hand-colored. Tables of contents and town, city, village plans. Tables of distances for public roads and air lines.
Published by: Beers, Comstock & Cline, New York, 1873.
Hardback is overall in FAIR- condition.
- Volume is in overall fair condition with pronounced wear to covers and many loose pages, though most maps inside are in good+ condition.
- Green/gray covers feature copper-toned text and blind-tooled decorative designs.
- Boards display pronounced wear from fading and overall white staining, as well as general rubbing and scuffing.
- Covers exhibit severe edgewear from rubbing with exposed boards occasionally at edges, and on corners, as well as some bumps. (See photos)
- Board is exposed all along upper edge on front, and upper edge on back has some chips.
- Spine displays severe wear from chipping at ends and all along back shoulder. May not be original. (See photos)
- Spine has remnant of gilt at foot.
- Volume is disbound with many loose pages and chipping to textblock edges.
- Maps are in general good+ condition with mild, mostly marginal wear, and occasional closed tears. (See photos)
- Interior shows gentle age-toning with occasional stains and smudges.
- Some pages display small stains, edge toning, with overall edgewear from chipping.
- Text block edges are chipping away, with many horizontal closed tears.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore