ATLAS OF DELAWARE COUNTY, by Benjamin H. Smith - 1880$850.00
Atlas of Delaware County: showing the Early Grants & Patents
by Benjamin H. Smith
A beautiful atlas of the region of Delaware County with maps and indexes, as well as a history of land titles complete with lists of these titles. With a map for each region of the Delaware County and a list of the grants and patents with their history, the volume is a strikingly complete record. Lavishly illustrated with numerous maps, including a whole history of land titles, this atlas is a valuable piece of local history no one will want to miss. 19 maps. 12 x 15.75 inches.
19 maps of the Delaware County. Lists of land titles with a history of land titles and lists of grants and patents in Delaware County with their history. Index with text page numbers and figures for the maps.
Published by: Press of Henry B. Ashmead, Pennsylvania, PA, 1880.
Hardback is overall in GOOD- condition.
- Volume is in overall good- condition with well-preserved covers and inside showing expected wear.
- Quarterbound in black leather.
- Covers feature text in gilt on front and gilt lines along shoulders and corners on front and back.
- Boards display moderate to pronounced edgewear from fading and rubbing, as well as some darkening along gilt lines at corners.
- Covers show moderate edgewear mostly to leather, with corners showing boards and general rubbing along shoulders.
- Spinepiece is missing showing remnants of binder's tape and exposed sewing. (See photos)
- Binding is fragile, with front cover detached.
- Tipped-in maps are in good condition with scarce staining and foxing.
- Interior displays gentle age-toning, and is overall well-preserved.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Some pages have closed tears along edges and near gutter. Some tipped-in blanks can be seen between maps, but none are missing. (See photos)
- Text block edges display expected toning and wear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore