ARTISTIC SIGNS: HOW TO DESIGN AND MAKE THEM, by E.L. Koller - 1924 [1st Ed]
Artistic Signs: How to Design and Make Them
by E.L. Koller
FIRST EDITION. Philadelphia, PA: David McKay Company, 1924.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume displays mild overall aging and minimal wear.
- Brown covers have black text on front, and show minimal overall wear.
- Boards display little rubbing. Back has a small scuff and a minimal black stain.
- Spine has black text. Ends are softened, and a little toned.
- Binding is secure with a little play.
- Full-color illustrations are vibrant. All illustrations are well preserved.
- Interior is gently toned, evenly throughout.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pages 20-23 and two more starting from 47 exhibit a small corner crease to foot. (See photos)
- Textblock edges display commensurate toning. Fore edge displays some small faint stains.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Five sections. Sections are individually paginated. 1st section: 83 pages. 2nd section: 65 pages. 3rd section: 47 pages. 4th section: 67 pages. 5th section 61 pages. 6 x 8.75 inches.
Lavishly illustrated with 239 illustrations, 28 in full color. Five separate sections: Commercial Signs, Sign Designing, Color in Signs, Painting and Gilding, Erection and Sale of Signs.
A detailed guide on how to make the most beautiful and eye-catching signs. The book explains how to design the best possible attractive sign according to its intention, what it wants to say, and its context. The reader will find a reference including the choice of font, colors, and designs to make successful artistic signs.
Title continues: "Including a large assortment (with descriptions) of modern commercial signs now in use; the artistic principles of designing signs; the method of devising harmonious and attractive color schemes for signs; the principles of painting signs and doing gold-leaf lettering on glass; and the trade and business practices of erecting and selling the sign."
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore