ART GLASS, by Archimede Seguso - 1991 [1st Eng Ed]$140.00
Art Glass by Archimede Seguso
edited by Umberto Franzoi
published at the occasion of the exhibition of the Palazzo Ducale June - September 1991
A magnificent celebration of the art of one of the truest masters of Murano glassmaking. Deeply attached to the tradition of the glassmaker of the past centuries over a thousand years ago, Archimede Seguso nonetheless depicted in his art of impressive mastery and stunning talent, the troubled times in which he created his masterworks, the contradictions and painful evolution of taste during the two World Wars, and finally the science of modernity infused in his centuries-old art. "From laceworks to the 'massello' compositions, from 'latticinio' compositions to transparent glass lightly suffused with shaded colours: a due homage to a craft that from the small island of Murano has spread all over the world." (taken from DJ return) The lavish pictures will show Seguso's art in all its color and transparent delicacy, while an enlightening text complete with captions for all illustrations, will guide the reader in the appreciation of the work of an exceptional artist. 166 pages. 9 x 11.25 inches.
Lavishly illustrated with full-color photographs. All illustrations captioned. Includes a text and information flyers from the exhibition. Italian text only in one of the flyers. Italian text with English translation in the other.
Published by: Arsenale Editrice, Venice, Italy, 1991.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with VERY GOOD++ DJ.
- ISBN: 8877430923
- Volume is in overall near fine condition with minimal wear on covers and to interior.
- Cloth covers feature black & white text on front, and display minimal edgewear from bumping.
- Spine features black titleblock with white text as well as black text on white background, and exhibits minimal bumping of ends.
- Corners are minimally bumped.
- Binding is secure.
- Textblock edges are a little dusty along head, which also shows minimal wear from toning.
- DJ displays minor wear from overall scuffing, and edgewear from bumping and rubbing.
- Head of spine and corners of DJ display slight bumping and rubbing that is difficult to catch on photos. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore