ART DECO SCHMUCK JAKOB BENGEL, by Christianne Weber -2002 German Jewelry Bauhaus$110.00
Art Deco Schmuck: Jakob Bengel
by Christianne Weber
Published by: Arnoldsche, Stuttgart, Germany, 2002.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD- DJ.
- ISBN: 389790179X
- Volume is in well-preserved condition, with some edgewear and some play in binding.
- Covers feature full-color photograph on front and back, as well as white text.
- Boards display some edgewear with bumped corners and overall rubbing.
- Spine features white text, and is lightly softened and faded at ends.
- Binding has some play, and gaps are apparent at some areas along gutter inside. (See photos)
- Interior displays little wear, with rare scuffing seen on dark pages and some gaps visible at gutter between some pages.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display minor scuffing.
- DJ shows overall edgewear with rubbing, as well as some chipping and tears to corners. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
The fashion designing of Jakob Bengel belonged to the Bauhaus and Art Deco period. Inspired by the French Avant-Garde and fashion icons such as Coco Chanel, Bengel's company responded to a quest for new materials and inspiration for costume jewelry. It became one of the leading manufacturers of fashion jewelry in the Art Deco style.
Lavishly illustrated with full-color, sepia and B&W photographs. Text in German with full French translation. Includes a catalog for the collections of 1931, 1932, 1933, and 1935/36/38.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore