ART DECO CERAMICS MADE IN BELGIUM: CHARLES CATTEAU, by Marc Pairon - 2006[Signed]
Art Deco Ceramics Made in Belgium: Charles Catteau
by Marc Pairon
First edition, special signed copy #65/125, text in Dutch, French, and English. Aartselaar, Belgium: Fondation Charles Catteau, 2006.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Illustrated covers are mostly clean, with full color illustration.
- Boards show some edgewear. Corners are worn. Please see photographs for details of condition.
- Spine has orange and white text and is bright with bumped ends.
- Binding is tight.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits some marginal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
744 pages. 9.75 x 12.25 inches.
Catalogue and inventory of the work of ceramist Charles Catteau, published on the occasion of the centenary of his arrival at Boch Freres Keramus in La Louviere, Belgium, and in conjunction with an exhibit of the same name.
The catalogue highlights the depth and variety of Catteau's work, particularly during the period 1921-1940, when he was instrumental in the development of some 2500 numbered designs and 550 different forms. He is celebrated for his many roles, as designer, decorator, teacher, chemist, engineer, and artistic director at Boch Freres.
The inventory is of interest and use for both collectors and scholars.
This copy is #65 of 125 signed by the author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore