ART AND MYSTERY OF TENNESSEE FURNITURE, by D.C. Williams; N. Harsh - 1988 [1st Ed]
The Art and Mystery of Tennessee Furniture and Its Makers Through 1850
by Derita Coleman Williams and Nathan Harsh
edited by C. Tracey Parks
FIRST EDITION. Knoxville, TN: Tennessee Historical Society and Tennessee State Museum Foundation, 1988.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD- DJ.
- ISBN: 0961596627
- Volume features brown cloth covers with gilt illustration on front and gilt text on spine, as well as handsome color illustrated DJ.
- Book exhibits gentle overall wear and aging, with minimal dust to covers, and some scattered foxing inside.
- Foot corner of front cover displays a minimal bump.
- Spine exhibits light bumping to ends.
- Binding is secure.
- First pages including title page up to table of contents pages display scattered foxing, that fades after the preface, and somewhat returns on last index pages, with some faint staining over text on pages 342-344, with largest being .5" x 3" (See photos)
- Interior, including illustrations, displays minimal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges exhibit scattered foxing.
- DJ is not price-clipped.
- DJ displays some edgewear with rubbing and slight chipping to corners, with more to back head edge and spine end.
- DJ also exhibits gentle overall scuffing and slight warping.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
344 pages. 8.75 x 11.25 inches.
Vintage book features gilt illustration and text on brown cloth covers, with a handsome color illustrated DJ and elegant design on endpapers.
Lavishly illustrated with full-color and B&W photographs and maps throughout. Includes a list of artisans associated with furniture making in Tennessee through 1850.
The beauty and clarity of Tennessee craftsmanship is fully exhibited in this splendid volume, where the most outstanding pieces of furniture are presented together with a history of the art, and elaborate descriptions that provide essential details such as makers, time of creation, history, etc. Added to that beautiful visual and historical overview is a list of artisans associated with the craft in Tennessee through 1850, with historical details on each one of them, making this a valuable reference on this very select field.
EDITION POINTS: First edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore