ARNULF RAINER: METAPHORES DE LA MORT - 1987 [1st Ed]
Metaphores de la Mort
by Arnulf Rainer
A strange, intriguing exploration of death masks of some of the most illustrious figures in the art or literature world, this volume delves into the personal art of Arnulf Rainer. Presenting an interpretation of these dignified, lifeless masks, Arnulf Rainer works on the lifeless image, modifying it in order to achieve a new life by expressing conflict. Complete with a text by Werner Hoffmann and one by the artist himself, this book delivers an insight into this extraordinary world. Approx. 140 pages. 9.25 x 11.25 inches.
Illustrated with the artist's works. Texts in French by Werner Hoffmann and the author.
Presumed 1st edition, published by: Galerie Ulysses, Vienna, Austria, 1987.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall very good condition with minor toning to covers and well-preserved interior.
- Covers feature illustration from interior on front with blue text, and display minor toning, mostly near upper edge, as well as some smudges on back. (See photos)
- Wraps exhibit minor edgewear from rubbing, and slight bumping to corners.
- Spine features text in blue with black & white label, and shows a light crease along lower half, as well as light rubbing to ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior is well-preserved with slight edge toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pages show a light persistent bump to upper corner.
- Text block edges exhibit scarce occasional smudges mostly along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore