ARMS MAKERS OF LANCASTER COUNTY, PA, by Stacy B.C. Wood; James Biser Whisker - 1991$70.00
Arms Makers of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
by Stacy B.C. Wood and James Biser Whisker
This beautiful edition offers an accurate, exhaustive history of arms making in Lancaster County in the 18th and 19th centuries. Lavishly illustrated with black & white photographs of the various types of rifles built in this region during this time period, with captions detailing the materials used and stating for each the gunsmiths who made them, the volume in addition gives a short biography of the gunsmiths and their factories, their expenses, and their prices. The illustrations also feature images of gunshops and gunsmiths. 142 pages. 8 x 10.75 inches.
Lavishly illustrated with black & white photographs and drawings, as well as reproduced documents. Biographies of gunsmiths included. All illustrations captioned.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Old Bedford Village Press, PA, 1991.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- Volume displays minimal overall wear.
- Green covers feature black & white drawing with white text on front.
- Back cover has a small scuff to upper edge towards middle. (See photos)
- Corners are minimally rubbed.
- Spine features white text, and minimal bumping and softening at ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Textblock shows two small brown stains on front.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore