APOSTLE SPOONS, by Charles G. Rupert - 1929 [1st Ed]
Apostle Spoons: Their Evolution Form Earlier Types, and the Emblems Used by the Silversmiths for the Apostles
by Charles G. Rupert
1st Edition. London: Oxford University Press Humphrey Milford, 1929
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Cover features title of the book in gilt text against a black board.
- Boards are in overall very good condition.
- Boards have a slight curve to them. (See Photos).
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has no text.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Back endpapers and feps have some light writing in pencil. (See Photos).
- Frontispiece is present and is in very good condition.
- Illustrations are present and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have moderate dirt along the top edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
36 pages. 6.5 x 10 inches.
Includes chapters on the spoon and its ornamentation through the ages, sets of Apostle Spoons, consisting of six or more Spoons of the same date and by the same maker, the emblems given to the Savior and the Apostles, with brief chapters on the Apostles' Creed, collecting Apostle spoons and the market value of Apostle spoons. Illustrated with twenty-three plates of collotypes depicting Apostle spoons and their characteristics. Letterpress and collotypes printed in England at the University Press Oxford.
EDITION POINTS: First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore