ANTONIN SLAVICEK: VIBOR Z JEHO DILA - 1910
Antonin Slavicek: Vybor Z Jeho Dila
with texts by M. Jiranka, A. Hodacove-Gollove and J. HerbenaPublished by: Dr Eduarda Gregra & Son, Prague, 1910.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is overall in very good condition showing mild aging and wear.
- Yellow cloth covers display some light fading, scattered foxing and rubbing to corners.
- Spine features green title block with gilt, and is a little darkened with some foxing along shoulders.
- Binding is secure.
- Ex-libris bookplate on front pastedown. (See photos)
- Color plates are protected with tissue guards. (See photos)
- Interior is mildly age-toned, and displays occasional smudges along gutter.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are notably toned with foxing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Antonin Slavicek was an Impressionist painter of the end of the 19th, beginning of the 20th century whose work centered around his homeland, the Czech Republic, and mostly the village of Kamenicky. His landscapes are emblematic of his country and its beautiful nature, that he captures with the occasional inclusion of human beings and man-made constructions.
Includes a text in Czech on the painter. Lavishly illustrated with B&W and full-color reproductions of artworks.
Provenance: from the library of Dr FX Hodac, secretary of the Czechoslovak Manufacturers Association and a professor of national economy.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore