ANNE OF GREEN GABLES, by L.M. Montgomery; illus by E.R. Withington - 1947$145.00
Anne of Green Gables
by Lucy Maud Montgomery
illustrated by Elizabeth R. Withington
Later Printing. Boston, MA: L.C. Page & Company, Publishers, 1947.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Vintage binding features green cloth covers with gilt and portrait illustration on front.
- Volume displays gentle overall age and wear, and is well preserved.
- Covers exhibit gentle overall fading, more along edges, as well as mild edgewear with gently bumped and rubbed corners. (foot corner of front is not bumped)
- Spine is significantly sunned, and softened overall.
- Binding is secure with a little play.
- Illustrations are well preserved inside, with gentle toning. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned, with occasional marginal foxing on text pages. (See photos)
- Inside pages display some rare instances of pencil marks and underlinings. (See photos)
- Textblock edges show commensurate toning, and are deckled along fore edge. Head edge displays some spots and a small stain.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
396 pages. 5.25 x 7.75 inches.
Vintage binding features handsome portrait illustration on front, with gilt on covers and spine.
Features the B&W illustrations of Elizabeth R. Withington throughout.
Anne of Green Gables is a classic that is sure to charm lovers of 19th century fiction and the magical world of children. The story of a young girl who charms the new home she is sent to, by her fiery spirit and imagination, has been adapted for cinema and the theater ever since it was first written, and has been considered a classic children's novel alongside the masterpiece by renowned authors in the genre. Sent by mistake to a family who had expected a boy to help them with their farm, Anne rapidly makes her way into the lives and the hearts of her new family.
Lucy Maud Montgomery (1874-1942) was a Canadian author, whose works, diaries and letters have been read by scholars throughout the world. Anne of Green Gables, recounting the adventures of orphaned girl Anne Shirley, is the beginning of a series that constitutes her best-known work.
Elizabeth R. Withington (1880-1962) was a Massachusetts illustrator and town-landscape watercolor painter.
Includes a list of novels by the same author at start of book, and publisher's ads at end.
EDITION POINTS: Later 1947 Edition, originally published in 1908 by the same publisher, with some of the same illustrations.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore