ANASTASIS: THE MAKING OF AN IMAGE, by Anna D. Kartsonis - 1986
Anastasis: The Making of an Image
by Anna D. Kartsonis
Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1986.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Front board shows a light yellow stain to upper right corner. (please see photo) Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gently bumped ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has some edgewear, sunning to spine.
263 pages plus unpaginated illustration section. 9X11.25 inches.
"Anna Kartsonis examines the history of a central theme of Byzantine art, the Anastasis, which depicts Christ's spoliation of Hades and the rising of protoplasts." (from DJ)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore