AN HISTORICAL ATLAS, by Robert H Labberton -1872
Historical Atlas containing a Chronological Series of One-Hundred Maps, At Successive Periods, From the Dawn of History to the Present Day
by Robert H. Labberton
Published by: Claxton, Remsen & Haffelfinger, Philadelphia, PA, 1872.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Maps throughout are clear with vibrant lines and colors.
- Interior shows gentle age-toning, and is overall well preserved, with occasional smudges and rare foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Volume displays moderate expected overall aging and wear.
- Green textured cloth over boards feature gilt lettering on front, matched by blind-tooled lettering on back, and show overall scattered scuffing that rubs through cloth.
- Boards display notable edgewear, with toning and darkening, as well as rubbing that exposes boards on areas along edges and at gently bumped corners.
- Sunned spine exhibits severe rubbing, with some chips, and fraying at ends.
- Binding is tender, with some cracking at hinges. (See photos)
- Blank pages facing maps display some light shadows.
- Textblock edges show expected toning and occasional light staining, as well as a larger stain to head. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Pages not numbered. Approx. 100 pages. 10 x 7.25 inches.
A complete historical and geographical atlas of the world. In 100 maps, the volume shows the stages undergone by Ancient Rome and Greece, Asia and Eastern Europe, Medieval Europe, and the modern world. Detailing the history of the Byzantine empire, the reigns of the various kings and emperors who shaped the world as it is now, the work allows an overview of the evolution of the oldest nations and continents.
Contains 100 maps on 40 pages. 12 maps illustrating Eastern history; 9 maps illustrating Greek history; 27 maps illustrating Roman history; 16 maps illustrating medieval history; 52 maps illustrating modern history. Includes an analytical and chronological index of the principal nations and states.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore