AMERICAN PHOTOGRAPHY OF THE MALE NUDE - 1996 [complete]
American Photography of the Male Nude 1940-1970
Seven Volumes. Lavishly illustrated with B&W and full-color photographs. Includes biographical text on photographers with German translation. Presumed First Edition. Published by: Janssen Verlag, Berlin, 1996. Pages not numbered. 9.5 x 11.75 inches.
Softbacks are overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 3925443878
- Volumes are in near fine condition showing minimal signs of wear.
- Covers feature splendid full-color or B&W photographs from the collections, and display minimal overall edgewear.
- Spines feature black text.
- Binding is secure in all volumes.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Vol I is still sealed, and exhibits some creasing to upper corners. (See photos)
- Vol V shows some slight darkening to spine.
- Volume VI displays some general shelfwear with some darkening/scuffing on front cover. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
A magnificent collection of photographs from some of the most distinguished classical American photographers of the middle of the 20th century. Featuring full-color photographs, including biographical information and introduction to each artist at the beginning of the volumes, this is a set no photography lover will want to miss. The models shown in these amazing images are standing against backgrounds which have never appeared before on such photographs, like the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco. The poses taken by the models are always striking and impressive, showing the beauty and strength of male anatomy, and thus providing an excellent medium for anatomical and scientific study as well as artistic enjoyment.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.