AMERICAN FOOTBALL: ITS HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT, by A.M. Weyand - 1926 [1st ED]$150.00
American Football: Its History and Development
by A.M. Weyand
1st Edition. New York and London: D. Appleton and Company, 1926
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Cloth cover features title in gilt with an illustration of a football.
- Boards are clean and in overall very good+ condition with minimal shelfwear.
- Corners are bumped with some edgewear. (See Photos).
- Spine has faded gilt text against a dark navy blue background.
- Spine has small dent on the front side. (See Photos).
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Pastedown end paper has original book shop sticker.
- Front feps have some notable foxing and staining. There are numerical pencil marks on the rear fep as well.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned and exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. There is scattered light foxing through out the book.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have are a little dusty and have a few marks. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
485 pages. 5.5 x 8.25 inches.
Football, according to the noted authority on sports, Hugh Fullerton, is now Americas greatest game. This assertion is substantiated by the fact that during the past seasons, more then twenty-five million persons witnessed school and college games in the United States It is indeed a far cry from the original meeting of the Army and Navy in 1890 when scarcely one hundred people sat on the grass at plains at West Point to witness the game. Such a game seems to deserve having its history chronologized.
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore