ALTERED STATES OF CONSCIOUSNESS: A BOOK OF READINGS, edited by Charles T. Tart - 1969 [1st Ed]
Altered States of Consciousness: A Book of Readings
edited by Charles T. Tart
Published by: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, London, Sydney, Toronto, 1969. 575 pages. 6.25 x 9.25 inches. FIRST EDITION. Includes an introduction by editor.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition with VERY GOOD- DJ.
- ISBN: 0471845604
- Volume is in very good overall condition displaying minor wear to covers and light inside.
- Gray covers feature white text on front, and exhibit minor edgewear with light toning, as well as mild bumping and rubbing of corners.
- Spine features white text, and displays minimal overall fading with gentle softening of ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior is minimally toned, mostly on margins, with both pastedowns showing light shadows from DJ returns.
- Inside pages display occasional minimalist marginalia and scarce underlinings. (See photos)
- Textblock edges show gentle toning with some darkening along head, as well as soiling to lower corner.
- DJ looks nice behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ shows mild overall toning and scuffing, as well as some edgewear with creasing and tears including a 0.5" x 0.5" chip to lower edge of back. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
In this amazing volume on psychology and the various states of consciousness as altered either by drugs, the human will, or other means, the editor brings together 35 scientific papers of different sources, in order to bring to light, as best as can be done, this mysterious field of human study. Blending a humanistic approach that takes into account all the richness and potential of human consciousness with a shrewd scientific precision and awareness, the author delivers a remarkable study on a vast subject that can never be fully explored. Including the analysis of mental states produced by drugs, self-hypnosis, Yoga and more, the volume follows a thread that allows the reader to explore the depths of the subject in the guidance of the editor, while making his own conclusions and reflections to endlessly discover the unsuspected profoundness of the human spirit.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.