ALL TOMORROW'S PARTIES: Billy Name's Photographs of Andy Warhol's Factory - 1997 [Signed]
All Tomorrow's Parties
Billy Name's Photographs of Andy Warhol's Factory
Here is a tribute to Andy Warhol's groundbreaking art by one of his followers and friends. A photographer, filmmaker and lighting designer, Billy Name was the archivist of The Factory from 1964 to 1970. His colorful photographs, as original in their arrangement as Warhol's own art, deliver a nostalgic, heartfelt homage to the great artist and all of his friends who were part of his circle, as well as the 1960s-70s. "Billy Name's colorful photographs give us the rest and the best of what it was. They restore that scene to us where its surface shines and wrinkles, in the midst of New York weather and sixties fashion, in the tactile grunge of downtown Manhattan and the quotidian tumult of quarrels, messy lunches and spilled drinks." (taken from back cover) 143 pages. 9 x 11.25 inches.
Signed by Billy Name. Lavishly illustrated with full-color and black & white photographs. With an essay by Dave Hickey and an interview by Collier Schorr.
Published by: Frieze, London, N.A.P. and New York, 1997.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 1881616843
- Volume is in near fine condition with minimal wear on covers and inside.
- Covers feature color photograph with red and white text. Close examination reveals minimal edgewear including scuffs to lower corners.
- Front cover has barely perceptible stain near upper left corner.
- Spine features gray, white and yellow text on orange background, and exhibits minor bumping at ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Half-title page has signature of Billy Name in metallic silver marker. (See photos)
- Endpapers feature black & white abstract photograph on front and back.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore