ALFRED KUBIN DRAWINGS 1897 - 1909, by Annegret Hoberg - 2008$110.00
Alfred Kubin: Drawings 1897-1909
by Annegret Hoberg
New York, NY: Neue Galerie, 2008
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition, with a NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 9783791340944
- Illustrated DJ cover features a drawing called "The Last King" from 1902 and the back cover features "Dwarf with Candle" from 1901.
- Red boards are in overall near fine condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt text against a red background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers and feps have some
- Illustrations bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has some light edgewear and shelfwear. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
230 pages. 9.5 x 11.5 inches.
Alfred Kubin created drawings that plumb the depths of the shadow world of the human subconscious, with its unguarded impulses and fears. Though a contemporary and fellow countryman of artist Gustav Klimt and designer Josef Hoffmann, Kubin eschewed the decorative impulses found in their work. Instead, inspired by the art of Francisco Goya, Felicien Rops, Max Klinger, James Ensor, and Edvard Munch, he produced dark, Hallucinatory visions of violence and eroticism.
Essays examine the artists early career. The more then 100 illustrations reveal an artist who was able to articulate our darkest nightmares with frightening clarity.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore