ABBA EBAN: AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY - 1977 [Signed Limited 1st Ed]$195.00
Abba Eban: An Autobiography
by Abba Eban
LIMITED FIRST EDITION, One of 500 Copies, FLAT SIGNED on Limitation Page. New York: Random House, 1977.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with VERY GOOD+ slipcase.
- ISBN: 0394493028
- Volume features white linen covers with gilt text on front and spine, as well as blue slipcase.
- Book displays minimal overall wear and aging to covers and interior.
- Spine exhibits slight bumping to ends, as well as slight warping.
- Binding is secure.
- Photograph pages show minimal toning, and little to no wear.
- Interior is minimally toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Page 255-256 shows a small crease to foot, 1.25" across corner. (See photos)
- Text block edges show page corner crease.
- Slipcase exhibits minor toning along edges of opening, as well as minor overall shelfwear. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
628 pages. 6.75 x 9.75 inches.
Volume features white linen covers with gilt on front and spine, as well as blue slipcase.
Book includes two middle sections of B&W photographs, as well as a table of contents and index.
Abba Eban's autobiography is the sweeping story of the fight of Judaism for a place in the world. Covering as many phases in the Jewish problem as covered his rich career, the author gives a vast, wide-ranging overview of Jewish relations with the United States, other Middle East countries and the Arabs, as well as the plight of the Jewish people during Hitler's dictatorship. His narration provides deep insight into the diplomatic efforts of the State of Israel and the various issues of Jewish freedom and integration among the nations of the world. It is overall a work of tremendous value on Jewish history.
Abba Eban (1915-2002) was an Israeli diplomat and politician, and a scholar of the Arabic and Hebrew languages. Noted for his fluency in ten languages, which gave him notable advantages in his career as a diplomat, he occupied several positions of great distinction, being ambassador to the United States and United Nations, as well as Vice President of the United Nations General Assembly and President of the Weizmann Institute of Science.
EDITION POINTS: Limited First Edition, one of 500 copies. Flat Signed by author on Limitation Page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore