A WRINKLE IN TIME, by Madeleine L'Engle - 1963 [Signed]
A Wrinkle in Time
by Madeleine L'Engle
FLAT SIGNED by author on front fep. Third Printing of FIRST EDITION. New York: Farrar, Straus & Company, 1963.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- Vintage volume is quarter-bound in light blue cloth, and features unique handmade paper on covers.
- Book displays gentle overall wear and aging, and shows some minor professional restoration to DJ and head of spine.
- Boards exhibit gentle overall toning with slightly stronger edge toning, as well as some edgewear with rubbing and some scuffs.
- Spine displays some smudges, and is softened at foot, with faint evidence of expert restoration to squared, firm head. (See photos)
- Binding is secure, and slightly cocked forward.
- Endpapers display some light offsets. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned throughout.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are partly deckled, and display commensurate toning with some dust and faint smudge along head.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar, and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ displays evidence of minor professional repair to head of spine and front corner. (See photos)
- DJ exhibits light edgewear, with rubbing along edges, as well as toning with minor occasional foxing to back.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
211 pages. 5.75 x 8.25 inches.
Handsome volume is quarter-bound in light blue cloth with gilt lettering on spine and B&W marble covers.
A Wrinkle in Time is a palpitating story of space and time travel, that blends mystery with science-fiction. In their quest to find their father who disappeared in the course of secret work for the government on an unlikely problem - the tesseract problem - the three young heroes encounter a mysterious, unearthly stranger, and their lives take an unexpected, fantastic turn as they must uncover the mysteries of a four-dimensional reality.
Includes a list of books by the same author.
Madeleine L'Engle (1918-2007) was an American writer of fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and young adult fiction. Her works reflect the two key-aspects of her personality: her strong Christian faith on the one hand, and her fascination with science on the other.
EDITION POINTS: Third Printing of the First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore