A WOMAN'S WORLD TOUR IN A MOTOR by Harriet White Fisher - 1911 [First Edition]
A Woman's World Tour in a Motor
by Harriet White Fisher
First edition. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Company, 1911
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Blue covers are mostly clean, with white text and illustration in black and yellow.
- Boards show some aging, edgewear. Corners are bumped and frayed.
- Spine has faded white text, with crushed ends. Please see photos for details of condition.
- Binding is intact though some seperation has begun at the half title.
- Pastedowns and feps have some light staining, bookseller marks.
- Frontispiece is present.
- Photographic illustrations are clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have blue ink along head.
361 pages. 5.5 x 8.25 inches.
First person account by Harriet White Fisher, owner and manager of Fisher & Norris, an anvil and vise factory in Trenton, New Jersey. Fisher was the first woman to travel around the world by automobile. She shipped her car to France, followed by ocean liner, and traveled east around the globe with her entourage. Unaffected travel account from the pre-World War period.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore