A TEXTBOOK OF GEOMETRICAL DRAWING, by William Minifie - 1849 [1st Ed]
A Textbook of Geometrical Drawing, abridged from the Octavo Edition, for the Use of Schools
by William Minifie
FIRST EDITION. Baltimore, MD: Wm Minifie & Co., 1849.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Antiquarian stippled leather binding features title block with gilt lettering and lines on spine.
- Book displays gentle commensurate aging and wear to covers and interior, with well preserved exterior.
- Boards exhibit gentle edgewear, with leather chipping off some areas, and are overall remarkably well preserved.
- Back cover has a 1" long circular dark stain near head edge. (See photos)
- Spine displays minimal fading of gilt, as well as minimal rubbing of ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers and feps are foxed and show some edge shadows from binding glue. (See photos)
- Illustrations display some scattered foxing and staining throughout. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned and shows significant scattered foxing that leaves text totally readable.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are stippled.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
156 pages + appendix pages.4.5 x 7.5 inches.
Illustrated with 48 steel-plates. Features an illustrated frontis. Includes a preface and a list of illustrations, as well as an appendix with index, other books by the author and publisher, as well as opinions of the press on his books.
Title continues: "in which the definitions and rules of geometry are familiarly explained, the practical problems are arranged from the most simple to the more complex, and in their description technicalities are avoided as much as possible; with an introduction to isometrical drawing, and an essay on linear perspective and shadow: the whole illustrated with forty-eight steel plates."
A reference guide on geometry, the volume includes all the important 2 and 3-dimensional figures, detailing their properties, how to draw them, and how they may serve in various mathematical operations. The illustrations are paired with the text to facilitate the accurate comprehension of various problems presented as examples. Arranged to be easy to read and pedagogic, the volume will be of the greatest use to the student.
EDITION POINTS: First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore