A STRANGER AT GREEN KNOWE, by L.M. Boston; Peter Boston - 1964 [1st Ed]$70.00
A Stranger at Green Knowe
by L.M. Boston
illustrated by Peter Boston
First Edition, Third Impression. Published by: Faber and Faber. London, UK. 1961.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition,with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Green cloth covers exhibit minor signs of age and wear.
- Boards are gently darkened, most notably to the edges.
- Corners are sharp though gently rubbed.
- Spine is firm with gilt-stamped lettering and exhibits softened ends.
- Binding is firm.
- Endpapers and feps exhibit mild foxing.
- Frontispiece is present and unworn.
- Illustrations are present and unworn.
- Interior is gently darkened along the top edges of leafs and exhibits a faint smudge to the upper area of the table of contents.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock top edge is darkened and exhibits prominent foxing while the remaining edges are gently age-toned with faint foxing.
- DJ is age-toned, scuffed and stained, most notably to the rear and spine, and exhibits wear to the edges, creases and rubbing to the spine ends and a small open tear to the tail. Please see photos.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
158 pages. 5.5" by 8.25".
The fourth volume in the author's series of six children's novels illustrated by her son Peter Boston.
An outstanding, often beautiful, story, bringing together three of the most dissimilar elements imaginable. First, a gorilla, its birth and capture in the African jungle and its thirteen years at the Zoo. Then a Chinese orphan boy living in London, the enormous creature's visitor and friend. Finally, kind old Mrs. Oldknow in her ancient country mansion where all, at the last, in a vital moment, are met.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.