A SEPARATE PEACE, by John Knowles - 1960 [1st Ed] Vintage Fiction WWII Film YA
A Separate Peace
by John KnowlesFIRST EDITION. Published by: The Macmillan Company, New York, 1960.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Volume displays some aging to covers and interior, and minor overall wear.
- Gray cloth covers feature vertical title in black on front, and are faded along the edges, displaying some smudges on front.
- Boards exhibit minor edgewear, with bumping and rubbing of corners.
- Spine has black text, and displays sunning as well as softening of both ends.
- Binding is secure with a little play.
- Ex-libris with signed bookplate on front pastedown. (See photos)
- Interior displays faint age-toning, as well as rare occasional stains. Pages 84 and 85 exhibit an offset from paper previously stored between pages. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show commensurate toning.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
The author's first published novel, A Separate Peace is a story of patriotism, morality, and remembrance. Set in the context of World War II, it evokes a loss of innocence at the confrontation with the harshness of life especially at that time, through the experiences of its narrator, Gene. Based on one of Knowles' earlier short stories, "Phineas", it came to be his best-known work.
Ex-libris with owner sig on bookplate.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore