A PHILOSOPHICAL AND POLITICAL HISTORY OF THE BRITISH SETTLEMENTS AND TRADE, Vol 1, by Guillaume Thomas Raynal - 1776 [1st Eng Ed]$450.00
Philosophical and Political History of the British Settlements and Trade in North America Volume I
by Guillaume Thomas Raynal
The first English language edition bound in full leather and translated from the original French by writer and man of letters, Guillaume Thomas Raynal. 240 pages. 4.25" by 6.25".
Published by C. MacFarquhar. Edinburgh, Scotland. 1776.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Full leather covers show commensurate wear and aging though overall remain in good condition, with the leather retain much of its original character.
- Leather boards exhibit a range of wear including scuffing, indentations, superficial scratches to the finish, a 2.5" portion of the finish missing from the rear left edge and general edgewear.
- Corners are bumped with partially exposed boards.
- Spine has five raised bands, a red leather title block with worn gilt lettering and shows cracks to the leather with portions of the finish missing; spine ends are missing which has resulted in a partially exposed textblock.
- Front shoulder is cracked along a 2.5" portion while the rear shoulder shows significant wear.
- Both hinges appear to be lightly cracked though the boards remain intact.
- Binding is firm.
- Pastedowns are age-toned with foxing and feature scraps of paper from another book. Please see text.
- Title page bears what appears to be a stylized signature in pencil.
- Interior is age-toned with occasional foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are darkened.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore