A NEW CRITIQUE OF THEORETICAL THOUGHT, by Herman Dooyeweerd - 1984
A New Critique of Theoretical Thought
by Herman Dooyeweerd
Compiled in these two handsome books are the four volumes of the Professor of Philosophy of Law of the Royal Dutch Academy of Sciences, Dooyeweerd, which contain a profound and excellently laid out analysis of theoretical thought. Methodically assembled and divided, this work discusses all of the great figures in Western Philosophy and their theories, explaining and commenting the development of the various philosophies which have come into being during this long history. The fourth volume being an index of subjects and authors, this set represents a tremendous critical work on the philosophy of the past and of our times. 598 (vols I-II) + 257 (vols III-IV) pages. 6.25 x 9.5 inches.
Four volumes in two. First volume is on The Necessary Presuppositions of Philosophy; second volume is on The General Theory of the Modal Spheres; third volume is on The Structures of Individuality of Temporal Reality; fourth volume is an index of subjects and authors.
Published by: Paideia Press LTD, 1984.
Hardbacks are overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 0888151527
- Volumes display minimal overall wear to covers and interior.
- Brown covers feature handsome marble design and exhibit minimal edgewear from rubbing to corners and minimal occasional bumping.
- Spines feature gilt and light brown titleblocks.
- Binding is secure in both volumes.
- Interior is well-preserved with minimal wear in both volumes, limited to slight edge creasing on some pages.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are a little dusty along head, and show a small gray stain to lower corner on both volumes.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore