A LOUD SONG, by Daniel Seymour - 1971 [1st Ed]
A Loud Song
by Daniel Seymour
Daniel Seymour is the son of the acclaimed photographer Maurice Seymour. In this book he tells of the legacy given him by his father, in his own language, photography. Filled with all the important moments and dominating influences of his life, illustrated with authentic photographs of famous personalities of the day, it is a work of tremendous historical significance, as well as a gem in the art of photography. As he says, this is not an autobiography, it is a story, like a film, the storyboard of his life, as he attempts to display his identity in words and images, the language of his father, which became his own from the time of his birth. And indeed, looking at this "scrapbook" of a life, the life of the son of a Russian Jewish immigrant to the United States, one may find this language to be very much the author's own. Approx. 58 pages. 10 x 10 inches.
FIRST EDITION. Lavishly illustrated and beautifully narrated.
Published by: Lustrum Press, New York, 1971.
Paperback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume is in overall very good+ condition with mild toning on covers and inside.
- Wraps feature black text on front and back and black & white photograph illustration on front.
- Wraps display some mild wear from slight curling of fore edge and rubbing to corners, as well as some toning towards edges and along shoulders of spine, with darkening along shoulders of spine, and minor marks/stains on back.
- Corners show minor creasing and rubbing.
- Spine exhibits a small scuff towards lower center part, and some mild to moderate toning.
- Stapled binding is secure.
- Interior exhibits minor overall age-toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are gently toned with scarce occasional marks and small stains.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore