A LITTLE BOOK FOR LITTLE FOLKS, pub:Henry Longstreth - c.1875
A Little Book for Little Folks
compiled by H.W.R.
Philadelphia, PA: Henry Longstreth, Undated (c.1850-1890).
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Blind-stamped cloth covers with gilt-stamped title exhibit minimal signs of commensurate age and wear.
- Boards are gently rubbed and stained and exhibit mild edgewear. Please see photos.
- Corners are gently rubbed though overall remain sharp.
- Spine is firm though gently darkened with gently bumped and rubbed ends. Please see photos.
- Binding is secure overall though appears slightly loosened in areas. Please see photos.
- Endpapers are gently darkened and stained.
- Ffep bears a signature in ink and numbers written in pencil to the upper left corner.
- Frontispiece is present and unworn though lightly toned.
- Illustrations are unworn.
- Interior is age-toned and exhibits the occasional stain, light foxing and a prominent stain (perhaps oil) to a small area of pages 11/12 and 113-116. Please see photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are darkened with light stains.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
137 pages. 4.75" by 7".
Publisher Henry Longstreth of Philadelphia presents an anthology of poetry and prose by various unnamed authors, arranged with variety of woodcut vignettes and presented in a single cloth-bound volume finished with gilt-stamped cover title and blind-stamped borders.
The present volume was not printed with a publication date. However, records indicate that publisher Henry Longstreth was active in various locations throughout Philadelphia during the mid to late 19th century.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore