A HISTORY OF MEN'S FASHION, by Farid Chenoune - 1993 [DJ]
A History of Men's Fashion
by Farid Chenoune
translated by Deke Dusinberre
Translated from the original French. Paris: Flammarion, 1993
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Boards covered in black cloth are mostly clean. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has black text and is bright with firm ends.
- Binding is tight.
- Illustrated end papers and pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has some edgewear, chipped corners, bumping along foot and head edge.
336 pages. 8.75 x 10.75 inches.
A history of the evolution of the male wardrobe, presented in four parts. The book begins with the era of Beau Brummell, when the model of the gentleman and the dandy were created, and carries through to the "anti-fashion" trends of the early 1990s. Fashion developments are presented in the context of history, etiquette, manufacturing, and marketing. Generously illustrated.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore