A GROUP OF ENGLISHMEN, by Eliza Meteyard - 1871
A GROUP OF ENGLISHMEN Eliza Meteyard 1871 Manufacturing Pottery China Photograph
A Group of Englishmen (1795-1815) Being Records of the Younger Wedgwoods and their Friends
by Eliza Meteyard
Handsomely half bound in leather and decorative paper with decorative page edges. Subtitle continues: "Embracing the history of the discovery of photography and a facsimile of the first photograph."
Follows the Wedgwood family, of the famous Wedgwood pottery company. The founder's son -- Josiah -- was an early experimenter in the field of photography. This book showcases some of his work featuring his family. 416 pages with index. 6" by 8.75".
Published by: Green Longmans. London. 1871.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Beautiful gilt detail on spine.
- Minimal scuffing to corners.
- Signature in pencil on front and back endpaper.
- Frontis illustration is missing.
- Occasional light spotting.
- Binding secure.
- Interior exhibits minimal foxing and very few stains.
- Some pages have light creasing.
- A few pages at the end have a tear in upper corner.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookbotique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks
- When you buy from us, we would greatly appreciate positive feedback to add to our ratings! Thank you in advance!
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions! We also welcome additional information on any of our listings.
- Other shipping options may be available. Please contact us for more details and information. Pickup is also welcome!
- Orders ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment, unless otherwise notified. Payment is due within 2 days of auction end to guarantee availability and price.
- International Buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges; these charges are the BUYER's responsibility. FULL VALUE will be declared on all overseas items.
- If your order hasn't arrived, or isn't as described, please contact us and we'll work with you to find a satisfactory resolution!
Launched from my store - Powered by Highwire.com