A DESCRIPTIVE AND ILLUSTRATIVE CATALOGUE OF CHINESE BRONZES, by A.G. Wenley - 1946
A Descriptive and Illustrative Catalogue of Chinese Bronzes
by A.G. Wenley
Scarce. A catalog of the Chinese bronzes that were acquired during the administration of John Ellerton Lodge for the Freer Gallery of Art of the Smithsonian Institute. Highlight include 50 B&W plates, a frontis of John Ellerton Lodge, a chronology, a bibliography, the bronzes listed in numerical order and the catalog. The bronzes are given a full description and are illustrated from multiple angles. 108 pages with index. 10.5" by 14.25".
Published by: Smithsonian Institute. Washington, D.C. 1946.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Brown cloth boards feature design and lettering in gilt.
- Brown cloth boards show a few light smudges to front with top corners bumped. Overall very nice.
- Corners are lightly bumped.
- Spine features text and design in gilt.
- Spine head and tail are pushed.
- Shadowing to pastedowns and endpapers otherwise interior is very clean.
- Lower corner of page 43 is folded.
- Gentle creasing to top corners of pages, likely from general use.
- Top portion of pages are lightly wrinkled.
- Binding is pliant though secure.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore