A COLLECTION OF ETCHINGS BY REMBRANDT, by J.R. Ritman & N. Bailler - 1995
A collection of etchings by Rembrandt Harmensz. van Rijn (1606-1669) formed by Joseph R. Ritman: presented for sale by Artemis and Sotheby's.
by Joseph R. Ritman, Dr. Nancy Bailler
London : Artemis and Sotheby's. 1995
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Illustrated cover features a black and white etching by Rembrandt.
- Boards are in overall very good condition.
- Boards show some shelfwear as well as a slight amount of dirt. (See Photos).
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt text against a navy blue background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Foldout illustrations are overall very good condition.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have a few smudges and dirt marks. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
144 pages. 9 x 11 inches.
This book features 122 etchings of Rembrandt's work and is presented by Artemis and Sotheby's in association with Mees Pierson.
Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn (1606-1669) was a Dutch draughtsman, painter and printmaker. An innovative and prolific master in three media, he is generally considered one of the greatest visual artists in the history of art and the most important in Dutch art history.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore