A CHRISTMAS MEMORY, by Truman Capote - 1956 [Signed Ltd Ed]
A Christmas Memory
by Truman Capote
LIMITED EDITION, No. 245 of 600 Copies, SIGNED by the author and Numbered. New York: Random House, 1956.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with VERY GOOD slipcase.
- Volume features a red slipcase with B&W photograph on front, as well as green covers with gilt on front and spine. Volume additionally features transparent plastic DJ. Slipcase has gilt label on fore edge with copy number and a statement "Autographed Edition".
- Book exhibits gentle overall wear and aging.
- Covers shown minimal dust to edges, and are overall well preserved.
- Spine shows minimal wear to ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior displays minimal toning, with paper naturally being of a darker stock.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Page facing last page displays a small brown smudge. (See photos)
- Textblock edges have red ink along head.
- Transparent plastic DJ displays minimal chipping at corners, as well as a little dust. (See photos)
- Slipcase displays some light foxing on photograph and frame, as well as minimal edge fading.
- Slipcase also exhibits a couple scuffs on back. (See photos)
45 pages. 6.5 x 10 inches.
Volume features red slipcase with B&W framed photograph pasted on front, as well as transparent plastic DJ on green cloth covers. Volume has gilt text on front and spine.
This autobiographical recollection of the famed novelist and actor's childhood in Alabama is a much sought-after piece of literature. It recounts the author's memories of a Christmas spent with his much-loved older cousin, fondly bringing to life the nostalgic recollections of holidays in the Alabama of the first half of the twentieth century.
Truman Capote (1924-1984) was an American novelist, short story writer, screenwriter, playwright and actor. His plays have been adapted into over 20 films and television dramas, and his childhood in Monroeville, AL.
PROVENANCE: ex-libris, from the library of Roger F. Mahon, featuring bookplate on front endpaper.
EDITION POINTS: Limited Edition, hand-numbered as 245 of 600 Copies, Flat signed by the author on limitation page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore