A CHANGE OF WORLD, by Adrienne Cecile Rich - 1951 [1st Ed]
A Change of World
by Adrienne Cecile Rich
with a Foreword by W.H. Auden
FIRST EDITION. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 1951.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- Volume features great DJ with covers of identical color, and dark lettering on front.
- Book displays minor overall wear with gentle aging.
- Boards exhibit minor edgewear and fading, with a small bump to head corner on front.
- Spine displays some bumping and softening to ends, which also exhibit light fading.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers display some toning and shadows.
- Front endpaper has previous owners' marks. (See photos)
- Interior shows gentle overall toning, even throughout, with rare occasional smudges.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display some stronger toning and foxing, as well as dust along head.
- DJ is wrapped in Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is not price-clipped.
- DJ displays gentle commensurate edgewear with small chips to corners and spine ends, going 0.25" maximum into spine at head. (See photos)
- DJ also displays overall wear, with some darkening to spine, and hard-to-see pencil writing near head corner on back. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
85 pages. 5 x 7.75 inches.
The author's first book, this is a collection of poetry on various subjects, that plunges the reader into the vast world of the young poet. Ms Rich takes us on a journey of discovery in her mind and thoughts, uncovering the deep domains of her imagination, allowing a particularly intimate exploration of the stuff that makes her inspiration. The elegant, dreamy verse reveals its influences in Robert Frost, Yeats and others, while giving an overview of the beginnings of a great writing career.
Adrienne Cecile Rich (1929-2012) was an American poet, essayist and feminist. Called "one of the most influential and widely read poets of the second half of the 20th century, she fought against the oppression of women and lesbians, and promoted solidarity between women to make an impact on their lives. Her first collection of poems was selected by the renowned poet W.H. Auden for the Yale Series of Younger Poets Award.
Includes a foreword by W.H. Auden. Includes a list of works having received the Yale Series of Younger Poets Award.
EDITION POINTS: First Edition. Author's First Book.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore